Professional civil engineering, site design, and permitting... we practice continuous communication in devising constructible, owner-tailored solutions that meet local code requirements.
...land planning and infrastructure...
- Land assessments; site constraints / zoning / buildability; development feasibility abstract / pro-forma;
- Development concepts; slope maps; subdivisions; density bonus & open space; local permitting; presentations;
- Commercial / residential / industrial / recreational infrastructure engineering;
- Roadway planning and engineering; corridor selection & optimization; easements; natural resource preservation;
- Construction administration; value engineering; cost estimates and cost control;
...residential and commercial site design...
- Building site selection & optimization; solar aspect; view shed; utilities; well siting;
- Foundation and floor grades; height ceiling; site cut & fill balance; grading & drainage; retaining walls;
- Parking design; pavement structure design; site concrete; signage;
- Engineered driveway design; shared access; fire department access; cisterns and fire ponds;
...on-site wastewater system design...
- Soil evaluation, perc testing, and septic system design for raw land, subdivision lots, tear-downs, expansions, failed systems;
- Conventional and alternative on-site wastewater systems; pressure distribution; off-lot effluent disposal; mounds, sand filters, on-slope leach fields; soil replacement;
- Secondary through quaternary treatment; nitrogen and phosphorous reduction;
- Large on-site wastewater systems; restaurants / commercial; multi-family & multi-lot shared systems; grease traps;
- system operation and maintenance including user education, inspections, effluent quality sampling and testing, process train adjustment;
...floodplain and stormwater management...
- FEMA permitting including LOMA, LOMR, Elevation Certificate, Levee Certification;
- Digital floodplain modeling; flood risk assessments; levee design; engineered basement analysis; engineered building openings (flood vents);
- State DOT access and drainage permitting; site specific drainage studies;
- Stream alteration permits; pond and dam design; weirs, diversions;
- Groundwater mitigation design / underdrains; foundation drainage / sump pumps;
- Stormwater management hydrology & hydraulics including:
- Watershed modeling; pre vs post-development runoff computations;
- Retention ponds; detention basins; underground storage; pump stations;
- Culverts, inlets, surcharged closed systems;
- Digital hydraulic grade line analysis;
- Dry wells; infiltration; pervious pavement;
- Wetland identification; US Army Corps of Engineers permitting;
- Erosion control and BMP selection for stormwater quality;
- US EPA NPDES Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) / construction permits;
...water and sewer...
- Water source, storage, and distribution design; irrigation system design; digital water system modeling; fire flow computations;
- Water rights and use summaries; change applications / State Engineer filings;
- Gravity flow sanitary sewer system planning & design; digital system modeling; sewage pump station design;
- Low pressure sanitary sewer system planning & design; grinder pump alternatives for building service;
Gus Sharry, PE EMAIL: email@example.com
Communication is the bench mark of a successful project.